Saturday, November 7, 2009

HUSBANDS AND SEARS.......A Love Affair.

Okay what is it with husbands and Sears....Men flock to Sears and Craftsman crap like
us ladies flock to Louis Vuitton and Chanel......
Only the stuff we buy serves a purpose.....
Which brings me to today's visit to our local Sears Service Center
to drop off our steam cleaner that breaks more often then works....
I leave the husband for two minutes to turn in the broken machine and next thing I know he has the young kid salesperson going through boxes looking for who knows what?
Not only is this a drop off service center but leave it to Sears to sell
re-conditioned crap that other people have returned....
Hey.....that's where the husbands come in....Sears knows they have a market for this stuff....
That's when I see kid salesperson bring out a big box from the backroom.....Was I the only one to notice what the big box said.......
Now I don't know about you ladies but when someone is trying to sell me something that has
been "re-conditioned"....I wouldn't take a box that says "DAMAGED" on the side if they gave it to me for free....
Are you with me on this one.....
So I hear Boob #1 behind the counter say to Boob #2 in front of the counter....
"Oh just ignore that it's fine"......
followed by Boob #2 saying....
"Oh Okay"....
Now the item in question works with a big ass battery.....does the battery come with the item....
NO.
Why would it........this way Sears can sell you additional crap so item can work when you get it home....
So.....next thing I see husband out in front of the store on the sidewalk with "kid salesman"
rooting through a bin of Craftsman tool bags....
Not just any tool bag......inside you get a drill and a flashlight....the needed battery and a
charger all for $39.99......
Now how can any husband worth their weight in power tools pass up such a deal....
I was offered 3 bags of trash compactor bags so I took him up on that offer and we are now the proud owners of this.........

Yes......a Die Hard truck.....minus a battery to make it work for $39.99
so for a total of a little under $80.00 we now have a toy truck
to torment the dog and a new flashlight.....
Oh I forgot the tool bag and the 19.2 Volt Battery so that the truck isn't just a big useless
piece of plastic......
You Gotta Love Sears.


3 comments:

  1. I guess I should comment on the other blog, but this one looked so much more inviting. Yes, yes, it's true, La Chambre Rose is just a business front. I sooooo need a blog that is really me. Like this one.

    Ah, Home Ec. No self-respecting honors student could act like they REALLY liked home ec back during the cold war. We were slotted to prepare ourselves to keep the Russians away. All I wanted to do was design clothes and that was such a NO NO back then. I guess all was a bit influenced by the fact that we practically lived on top nuclear bombs in central New York. I would have been darn good at it, too. So, now I sell trims and dream of one day being able to design clothes.

    On anniversaries... my husband was home "sick" for two days a couple of weeks ago. On one of those days, my mother called and said, "Happy Anniversary!" to which I replied, "Whose anniversary is it?" Yup, he didn't remember. (neither did I.) And, I'm sure my 20 year old doesn't have a clue. He didn't call. Why would he? He attends college on St. Charles in New Orleans. Could his life be any better?

    This will all be fixed when we can escape from Vermont and get back to civilization. I'm sure it will. Really.

    You are sworn to absolute secrecy regarding the fact that I did participate in crouching under a desk for air raid drills, and loved home ec.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Only a man would purchase this without the battery!!! Gah!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh yes....I was so proud when he made the purchase....kinda like buying a new car without an engine....

    ReplyDelete